Monday 24 August 2020

Interlude - Confessions of a Known Psychic

Whilst on the Innocent Pursuit, after meeting Lady Guinevere, Mal wrote the following letter which he now carries on his person.

The letter is addressed: To the child of Sir Malcolm Hawkwood, to be sent to Lady Guinevere Hawkwood on Leminkainen death of Sir Malcolm Hawkwood.

To my young child,

May this letter find you well. I hope to soon be meeting you. Your mother has most likely told you I have my demons. I have more than that. I have many enemies and a reputation to clear before I can meet you.

I aim to resolve the issues brought about by my previous activity before such time as my return to Leminkainen, but the path I am about to walk will bring me close to my enemies. Not only that, but both the church and these enemies may want me dead before I get the chance to confess my sins. That is why I’ve written this letter. Upon my death, provided it can be found and retrieved, this letter should have been sent to you, and with it it’s contents. I trust that my allies will be able to do this small favour for me, as I wouldn’t trust this task to anyone else. If you are ever to meet Marquis Anton De Havilland or Sir Hemlock Justian, or the Charioteer Guildsman known as Keats, know that they will be a trusted ally and friend to you in my absence.

Inclosed is a small sum of firebirds. It isn’t much, but my life has not been one of frivolity and wealth. Within this letter is also my full account and confession. I hope that this will help in some way clear your own reputation and that of your mothers such that the sullied reputation of our family ends with me. This confession is not a legal document. Acquiring such would be hard for me, but I know the church does not always need Reeves to legalise their proceedings anyway. I would hope that this helps alleviate that which I’ve left behind.

Sincerely, your absent father, Sir Malcolm Hawkwood.

Within the envelope is a secondary envelope, labeled: The full account and confession of Sir Malcolm Hawkwood.

To whomever reads this document,

I openly acknowledge having had no legal council before writing this. I do not see any point in doing so. The church has no reason to suspect me to lie if I’m confessing anyway. After all, if you are reading this I fear I may be either dead or shortly will be if not for this information becoming public knowledge.

Until a few years ago, what I had done felt right. I may have disagreed with how it was done, but I still believed the church was wrong and that the Psychics among us were superior. That belief has since died.

The church is aware that I was a member of the Invisible path. Someone exposed the cell I was a part of and I was apprehended along with many of my fellow members. At the time I had been planning to expose them myself, but didn’t get the chance. 

I then broke out of prison and attempted to track down my fellow members. I do not honestly know what side I was on when I did this. I openly confess at this time to several crimes, including murder, which I committed prior to my apprehension. 

I had intended to reunite with members of the cell, using the company of my cousin, the Marquis De Havilland, for protection. However, in the year after my escape, I was the guest of a Justinian knight, who had another guest at the same time in the form of a Decados Lady. The three of us became good friends, despite our apparent differences, and that turned me towards the path that has led me to remembering who I was and who I wanted to be. Whilst I should have handed myself over to the church there and then I found a pair of members of my old cell who had become acquainted with one Hasimir Torenson, from whom I learnt of a secret coven on Ravenna. This coven was aware of my presence in the local area and had been keeping tabs on me. If I went to the church I might have lost my lead on them, so I stuck to the shadows. I then fell into some trouble with these two individuals, having to then flee to space.

Now several years down the line, the Invisible Path of Ravenna has been resurrected by this club, most notably Victor and Hugo Hawkwood, who are both members of the club and members of the Invisible Path prior to it’s exposure. 

As of the time of writing this confession I am fully intending to see this through to the end. Sir Hasimir has provided information on the fact that the weapons of mass destruction released on the Austrum Isles on Ravenna, were the fault of these two and their wider network. They not only provided these weapons, but he believes they engineered events to launch them. I believe they did this as a part of some, as yet unknown, larger plan that other members of this club may know about. 

I intended on hunting down as much information as I could before confessing my sins, in the hopes of becoming penitent, using my skills to draw out other psychics such as myself.

Signed, Sir Malcolm Hawkwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment